To convert an IMAP account to a POP3 account in Outlook, you will need to add a new POP3 account in Outlook, and then configure it to download the existing IMAP account’s email.
Here are the steps to convert an IMAP account to POP3 in Outlook:
- First need to export IMAP data, Backup outlook data
- Open Outlook and click on the “File” tab.
- Select “Add Account” from the Account Information page.
- Enter your email address and click on the “Advanced options” box.
- Check the box for “Let me set up my account manually” and click on “Connect.”
- Choose “POP” as the account type, and enter the incoming and outgoing server details for your email account.
- Click “Next” and enter your login credentials for the account.
- Choose the option to “Leave a copy of messages on the server” if you want to keep copies of your emails on the server.
- Finish the setup process and close the window.
Once you have set up the POP3 account, Outlook will start downloading your emails from the IMAP account to the POP3 account. Note that this process may take some time depending on the number of emails you have in your IMAP account.